Sunday, October 18, 2009

SCONES!

So Crys I hear that you wanted to make them at least one more time before giving up...SO... I have the perfect recipe for people like us. They say that the difference between biscuits and scones is that scones take cream instead of milk and my sweet friend Aich gave me this recipe that she said she found to be the only one she liked that used milk instead. I tried making them for the first time in my life at the PMA graduation (I went as the cook) and TG! they turned out GREAT! (Thanks so much Aich!) So without further ado...the recipe.

Scones
3 cups of flour
1\2 cup sugar
5 tsp baking powder
1\2 tsp salt
3\4 cup of butter (could use less)
1 egg (beaten)
1\2~3\4 cup of milk (could use up to 1 cup)
1\2 cup nuts, rasions, choco chips etc...

combine the dry, cut in butter. Add nuts. Mix the egg and milk. Add, stir till just moist. Kead 8 times. Roll and cut into 8 wedges. Bake 15 min or until golden brown.

-Oven 400F\ 200C lightly grease


And Tada! The end result. Walnut scones....and
*
Chocolate\walnut scones.

They double in size and become quite big....I was so happy they turned out, even the first time around. There is hope! The trick is though to really NOT handle it as much as possible! Enjoy! I know Everyone else did. They all wanted the recipe after they ate them.

2 comments:

aiko said...

Oh my look at those elevated sides!!! Too good. Mike and I just ate the ones you gave us yesterday, soo yumm! Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

those look GOOOOD! I will definitely try out the recipe when I manage to get some of the ingrediants!